RF (Radio Frequency) Microneedling is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that combines the technologies of radio frequency energy and microneedling.
The process involves using a device that has small needles which create tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin. These punctures are so small that they are considered “micro-injuries”. These micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural wound healing processes, resulting in cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production. At the same time, the device emits radio frequency energy deep into the skin to further stimulate this wound healing response.
Benefits of RF Microneedling include:
1. Skin Tightening and Rejuvenation: RF Microneedling stimulates the
production of collagen and elastin, the key building blocks of healthy,
youthful skin. This results in overall skin tightening and rejuvenation.
2. Improved Skin Tone and Texture: It helps to even out skin tone and improve
the texture of the skin by reducing the appearance of scars, acne scars,
large pores, and stretch marks.
3. Wrinkle Reduction: By boosting collagen production, RF Microneedling can
help to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Minimize Pores: The treatment can help to shrink the appearance of large
5. Scar Reduction: RF Microneedling is often used to improve the appearance
of atrophic acne scars. It can break up old scar tissues and stimulate the
production of new collagen, improving the texture and tone of the scarred
6. Increased Absorption of Topical Products: The microneedles create
channels in the skin, allowing for improved absorption of skincare
It’s important to note that while RF Microneedling can provide impressive results, it may not be suitable for everyone. It’s not recommended for those with certain medical conditions, or for women who are pregnant or nursing. Please consult with our Advanced Esthetician Instructors.